Hi guys, as for the sheet pan recipe series I come up with a popular one which is BBQ Chicken sliders. It is perfect for a tasty appetizer or even as a comforting meal. Surprisingly with few minutes all come together & you will only have do a small preparation, in order to have this delicious bite.
Slider recipes are meant to make with Hawaiian rolls, which is a sweet, fluffy dinner rolls. But today I’m going to make a simple dinner rolls to have sliders that are super easy to make & this BBQ chicken sliders recipe is no different compared to traditional one. The beauty of sliders is that you can seriously stuff it with anything, so that sliders is known for ideal last minute food recipe to go on any occasion. Also you can get easy BBQ sauce to try at home with the sliders from today’s post. So guys let’s begin!
For 12 chicken sliders
Ingredients for the dough
- All-purpose flour 400g
- Lukewarm milk 170ml
- Egg 1 (weight about 65g)
- Butter 70g
- Milk Powder 3 tbsp
- Instant yeast powder 1tsp
- Granulated sugar 2tbsp
- Salt ¾ tsp
Steps for making the Dinner Rolls
This recipe will make my dinner rolls that I shared in an earlier post. For the detailed recipe click up here for the dinner rolls recipe, I will be add steps in here though.
- Add dry yeast & 1tbsp of sugar into a small bowl & mix it with lukewarm milk. Cover it for about 15min to active.
- Transfer it to a larger bowl, add rest of sugar & beaten egg give a good stir after the times up to active the yeast. Keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together sifted flour & milk powder.
- Add flour mixture little bit at a time to the yeast mixture & combine well using a wooden spatula.
- Leave about 1/3rd of flour portion without adding to the yeast mixture. Put it aside for a while.
- Onto the flour mixture add room temperature butter, mix well with the spatula even though it feel hard to do get together.
- Put salt in once all come together, mix for further 1-2min & pour rest of flour to it. get all together by using spatula.
- Keep stirring dough for about 5 minutes & take it out from the bowl to a clean working top. The dough should be a sticky one.
- Knead for 5 minutes without applying much pressure on to it. Use a scraper to remove the sticky dough parts from the board. Go on small circles to knead the dough on the board.
- Get an oiled or buttered brushes bowl & place the dough in it to become double in size. Cover it.
- When the dough is ready, punch it down to release the air. Then put the doubled dough on a flour dusted working top. Knead for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Slightly roll the dough in round shape & cut into equal 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth ball.
- Transfer those balls in oil greased baking pan & let it arise for second time for 20 -30 minutes. Cover shaped rolls with aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or a clean kitchen towel.
- After that you can brush the top of these buns with an egg wash to have darker brown. Add sesame seeds if you do like, I used finely chopped peanuts since I couldn’t find any during the quarantine.
- Bake them at 175°C for 20 minutes. It’s best to bake the rolls towards the bottom of the oven so the tops don’t burn.
- Brush dinner rolls with a butter when it straight out from the oven. Cover it for another 10 minutes to become soft. Then remove from the baking tray.
You can make dinner rolls even a day ahead storing on air tight container in a refrigerator, remember to take it out to come to the room temperature. Or if you wish to use it now wait till the dinner rolls cool completely, otherwise it will be cracked when we slides in.
Ingredients for the stuffing layer
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or to taste
- ⅓ cup barbeque sauce
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons melted butter to spread on the top
Steps to make the stuffing layer
- If do you prefer cooked chicken to use in all you have to do is, palace them all together on the bottom half of the dinner rolls.
- First spread BBQ sauce on the rolls & evenly distribute the shredded chicken following with the onions, parsley & Cheddar cheese.
- Cover with a top half of the rolls & brush with melted butter on top. You are done.
You can even have these like cheeseburger style like this so, to that you will need;
- Minced chicken 450g
- Vegetable oil 1 tbsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Black pepper ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- finely diced 1 onion
- BBQ sauce ¼ cup
- cheddar cheese slices 4-5
- shredded cheddar cheese 3/4 cup
- melted butter 2 tbsp to brush on top
Once all ingredients gathered up make it like this;
- On a large skillet over medium with oil on it add diced onion with ginger garlic paste & minced chicken. Mix together using a spatula.
- Season it with spices; salt, black pepper. Sautee over medium flame till meat are cooked through, then remove from heat & add some BBQ sauce if you like in.
- Line in cheese slices on the bottom half of dinner rolls, then spread chicken mixture evenly over the sliced cheese following with shredded cheddar on the top of it.
- Place the top half of buns & brush tops with melted butter.
As I always says the stuffing is all up to you. Hence this is quarantine project I didn’t follow either way on my chicken sliders, I had to skip the cheese part completely. I Sautee finely diced vegetables with boiled egg & onion slices to sandwich the dinner roll layers. Homemade BBQ sauce was also made to use in here.
Homemade BBQ sauce
Ingredients for the Homemade BBQ sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons hickory-flavored liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1/4 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Steps to make the BBQ sauce
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Once the mixture heats through, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- If you’d like a thicker sauce, simmer uncovered for longer, up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Use the barbecue sauce as a dipping sauce, serve over pulled pork or brush on meat in the last 10 minutes of grilling.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. This also freezes well.
As you can see BBQ sauce required much ingredients but taste the same as store bought one. Being lazy I didn’t make this sauce instead of that I made easy & quick burger sauce to use for chicken sliders. I will also include in here, I want you to know the original recipe that’s why I share the above recipe with you, as you know now we Rapid Home Art always with lot of alternatives to choose from. If you do feel lazy like me make this burger sauce, but I highly recommend you to try out BBQ recipe in above mentioned.
Easy Burger Sauce
You will need;
- Mayonnaise 4tbsp
- Tomato ketchup 2tbsp
- Lime juice ½ tsp
- Paprika ½ tsp
- Garlic powder ½ tsp
- Ground mustard ½ tsp
- Sugar ½ tsp
- Ground black pepper ¼ tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
Put the all ingredients on a bowl & mix well to all combine to have silky texture. Do taste & add anything if it required. You can even add chilli sauce in here.
Steps to assemble the BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Cut the dinner rolls in to half & place the bottom half on a buttered baking tray.
- In which way do you prefer to have chicken sliders as mentioned above do follow in here.
- Place the top half of rolls on the stuffing layer. Brush melted butter on it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 15 minutes.