Hello there, as I promised I’m back with recipe of tortilla based one, it is Sheet Pan Quesadilla. Quesadillas are best way to have no prep meals, because all you need is good quality tortillas. Still if you are buying the store brought ones, drop that & make yourself at home; to know how to do that check out my tortillas recipe.
Sheet Pan Quesadilla is ideal for large serving tables like when we expecting guests or even great to stand in behalf of any meal especially in dinner or so. In today’s recipe I’m going to show you how to have a tasty quesadilla without any pricy ingredients & also the traditional trendy way too.
Also we Rapid Home Art going to start a mini series of sheet pan recipes just like this, await for them & this is the first one of the series. If you do want to know a recipe, let us know in comments below we will include in the series too. Plus similar to this one all recipes that I will be sharing is super simple, cutting all the expensive ingredients to have very delicious and affordable food that we all love. To be honest with you; those recipes including this one, made during the quarantine period where I was unable to buy everything desired & as an outcome they were born. I tried my best to get mostly equal taste that I made earlier on with original recipe, so I can guarantee that these will be a perfect substitute for them to try on; since I taste the both ways.
So let’s make my version of Sheet Pan Quesadilla. And guys as you can see those pictures that I took not on the right side, but facing in upside down, me the rushing person want to have a quick look to take photos, as a result the upright part was tore apart & I had none other solution than getting photos with this side. Aspect my apology on this, I hope you guys will understand my frustration over this, hence it’s turned out to be delicious I want to share it with you even though lacking in perfect appearance.
This is the popular stuffing that many sheet pan quesadillas have. It can be vary upon your taste in the choices of meat, spices & vegetables; like if you are a vegetarian you can totally omit using meat & can have mushrooms/ vegetable instead or you can add different spices like cumin, paprika likewise. This part is totally up to you. As the basic guideline I want to show this to you. I made minced chicken stuffing using above ingredients & it turn out really well, so make it however you want.
Below is the my quarantine attempt to have much similar taste to traditional stuffing using very limited resources, I will also share that with you, try out this way if you interested & it taste pretty close to what I hoped for.
For the white sauce
For the meat stuffing
Cheese isn’t an essential one in here, if you do have add them or you can skip it. Choose whatever kind of cheese as per your liking. Also chopped celery can add to the sauce if you do like in here too.
Note: Make sure to not overcook the vegetables in whatever stuffing that you used in because it will again cook in the oven also, so keep the colors of the vegetables in. but you have to well cook the meat. Minced meat won’t take much longer than the regular diced meats, be aware about the fact of meat cooking over its formation.
4. Sprinkle half the cheese over tortillas on the bottom of pan; top with prepared stuffing following another layer of remaining cheese over it. If you do have white sauce on hand spread it with some tomato sauce on the bottom of pan & then put the stuffing in & place more white sauce, boiled egg slices & fresh vegetables over it.
5. In either way make the stuffing to fill in evenly & cover it with 7th tortilla on the top of it.
6. Fold in the tortillas forming the flower so that the ingredients are nicely covered, tuck tortillas inside which the two edges are facing on.
7. Put a pan on the top of the quesadilla that has same size as baking pan. Then place a dish on it to work as a weighted one. So that edges will be glued together to the quesadilla once its bakes. Those pan & dish or whatever weighted one should be safe to put into the oven, so make a note on it.
8. Bake it for 20 min arranging it with just like this in 190℃. . Then remove the extra pan & dish, bake for another 20min in 190℃.
9. We need to have a slightly golden or brown quesadilla. Make sure you are using quality oven mitts, as the pan will be very hot.
10. Place a serving board over the pan and carefully turn over so that the tortilla encasing slides out gently.
11. Here is the deal if you want to more brown color to it you can either bake for more minutes or grill for an additional 5 minutes, so that it will crisp up. Serve directly in warm with crispiness or if you want to soften the edges cover it with a kitchen towel for 10 – 15 minutes and serve.
12. Cut like a cake and serve with your sauce or favorite salsa.
You can try out rectangular shaped quesadilla just like this, but amount of tortilla required depend on the size of pan that you are using in. when doing so you can cut tortillas in half & lay on pan covering it & then put the filling on, do the same for the top too. So that you will have a side opened quesadilla instead of covered one.
The quesadilla not only delicious but also it looks gorgeous on any celebration. Explore new ways instead of going on same way, so that everyone will be happy, even though it looks like a hassle, once you got everything prepared this is super easy one, even to do in lazy days. So guys definitely make this & let me know what you think about this. Await for more sheet pan dish recipes, till then. See you!