Hi guys! Today I’m continuing our sheet pan food recipe series with Chilli Chicken Bread Roll. It’s super soft & spicy. Get ready to be amaze if you can handle the spicy foods. One thing I love about this recipe is super easy to make other than its deliciousness, at the same time it is so beautiful that we can present this in any occasion besides family dinner. Don’t worry if you aren’t into spicy foods, as you go along this article; you will be able to find alternatives to have it your own way. Without more delaying lets go for the delicious bread rolls.
This recipe contains of 3 major parts, assembling & baking. Those 3 main steps are;
Now let’s go for those all these steps as follows in below instruction.
All-purpose flour can be also used in place of bread flour too. Molasses is a substitute for honey but it gives deep flavor & dark color, if you okay with that you can use molasses for the recipe. Or if you don’t have both don’t worry add treacle/ liquid jaggery or even granulated sugar. The original recipe calls for egg yolks but in here I’m using a whole egg. You can have 2 egg yolks for the recipe if you want to, it will be delicious & keep leftover egg whites for later use to make meringue or other recipes. (Which is why I skip using egg yolks in here.) Remember to use Luke warm milk; neither warm nor the hot milk because we want to give appropriate temperature to active the yeast, high temperature will prevent yeast from its activation.
In here I’m going to show you to make the dough by hand. Later on I will do include to do that by stand mixture.
3. In a large bowl with sifted flour in it add yeast, melted butter and egg.
4. Mix all together with a use of a spatula. Then add the salt & get all together.
5. Once all come together use your clean hand & knead dough keeping it on the bowl for 5 min. the dough is a sticky one, so be aware of it, don’t try to add more flour unless it’s too runny.
6. Transfer dough into a flour dusted working top & start kneading it for 10 min. once kneading is done dough should be very soft one with having very little bit of stickiness on it. Also you need to have a very smooth surface if you done it correctly, so you can know the dough is ready to proof.
7. Kneading technique is that rhythmic motion of pulling away the dough from you & then getting towards you while flipping it over. Do not need to apply much pressure on the dough & flour the working top accordingly.
8. Grease the same clean bowl with some oil & place the kneaded dough on it. Apply some oil on the surface of dough ball too. Cover that & let it get double in size for 45 min to 1 hour in a warm place.
9. After it get doubled release it air & put in to a well-floured working top. Dust the flour on rolling pin & the top of dough too.
10. Start to roll it out in a 40 × 42cm rectangular shape or 40cm square one. Maintain the same thickness all over the dough shape so that once you roll it out it will keep same size unlike mine did in here.
11. When you rolling the dough apply flour well in between the board and the dough so that it won’t stuck to the board. Make sure to turn into both of sides regularly, don’t letting dough to stand in same place for too long so it will be easy to handle when finishing it off.
12. Apply the chilli Burger sauce (details are mentioned in below) generously once you are happy with the shape, try to have perfect shape as best you can.
13. Then add the chicken stuffing on it & spread it evenly on the dough. You can also add shredded cheese mozzarella or cheddar, it will be more delicious.
14. Roll dough into a log and cut into 12 equal pieces. Gently hold the log & cut it with sharp knife to avoid misshaping it.
15. Place them in a buttered baking pan. Cover with a kitchen cloth and leave for them to puff up a bit, around 20 minutes.
16. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C on the lower 2/3rd rack, for 35 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked through.
17. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Enjoy!
If you making the dough by stand mixture;
If you don’t like chillies you can have our easy burger sauce, to know how to make it click up here on BBQ Chicken sliders.
Also you can totally omit this step & can place cheddar cheese slices, any other sauce or savory toppings, cheese spread or pesto in here. It is up to you, cut the spices if you don’t like or adjust it with your taste.
You can use any meat or seafood or if you are a vegan use mushrooms or vegetables as per your liking. The thing is hence we are going to spread it the stuffing need to have a paste like consistency so have very a finely chopped ingredients. We can place sausages slices or spread bacon to get more taste into it.
So that’s it for our Chilli Chicken Bread Roll . Even it look like way more preparations, they all are simple steps that anyone can follow. This is super delicious, plus you can turn it in anyway as your preferences. Isn’t it sound interesting? Have a Spicy Chilli Chicken Bread Roll or cheesy one or vegan one, so many varieties & they all bring different flavors. So do try at your own version, let us know how it turn for you. if you are into sheet pan recipes; checkout our sheet pan recipe series:
See you guys in another tasty food recipe like this, bye!