Hello friends, today I’m gonna make Focaccia Farcita a classic Italian Bread Recipe with you. This easy recipe hold a delicate texture coming from its dense flatbread with a slightly crusty surface. Stuffing inside of the focaccia enrich the flavor of the bread even more, I’m using my version in here; however you can choose whatever filling as for your preference. As always I will be sharing with you interesting options for that, so scroll through the article to get new ideas & new tips for making focaccia.
Even though same ingredients use in both pizza dough and this focaccia dough, it has capable distinguish features because pizza is a flat thin flexible crust which required little amount of yeast aka the leavening agent while focaccia is a significant risible bread with soft chewy on its inside which need more yeast amount for making it.
No fancy equipment is needed for this Focaccia Farcita just like my other recipes, go through the article you will be able to make perfect dinner recipe without using stand mixture or dough hook. Focaccia recipe calls for stand in our miniseries of sheet pan recipes but I couldn’t include this one in there, so you make sure to check my other recipes that can serve large gathering in one go.
So let’s dig into the easy Italian Stuffed Bread Recipe.
4. Add the remaining flour, if it too runny, 1 tbsp at a time, to form a knead-able dough. (Every flour is different in absorbing the liquid, for the best practice reserve some for later & then add.)
5. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
6. Knead the dough until it firms smooth, silky and elastic dough, it will take about 10min or so. Rhythmically follow the kneading repetitive moments like this;
(Good technique of kneading is crucial to create structure and strength in the dough, leaving it silky and soft.)
7. Transfer the dough back into bowl that cleaned & grease with oil. Cover it with plastic wrap to get double in size. Mine took about 45 minutes.
8. Once dough get doubled put in a working top & divide into 2 equal portions, form a nice ball. Again rest it for 10 min in covered.
9. Roll out each dough ball with a rolling pin to about a 10 inch in diameter.
10. Place one round on an oiled baking sheet.
While dough is proofing to get in doubled size you can make the filling. I make it like this, however you can customize into your way using any other meat or using vegies only. As I said I will leave couple of options to make a filling down below.
For the filling you can use;
Find a filling option that you love to have, as you can see it’s easily adaptable. If you do have more filling ideas for this Bread Recipe share with us.
I used for this Bread Recipe;
3. Put some onion rings on that. Hence I didn’t have any other cheese other than cheese spread I add them over the mixture in here. You can use any other cheese in here.
4. Carefully lift the other layer & place on the top of that.
5. Seal the edges all the way through pinching top later in to the bottom layer & tucking it to down.
6. And cover the dough loosely with a kitchen towel to proof about 30 minutes.
7. After 30 min you can;
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 minutes on middle rack & then put it in to the bottom rack & bake for 5 minutes. That way you will have a nicely baked bread without burning the bottom of the bread.
9. Serve in warm & enjoy.
10. Refrigerate leftover focaccia farcita. Put it in an air tight container keep for 2 days, either microwave it or bake for 5 more minutes after getting cold bread into room temperature.
Hence I’m going to photograph this Bread Recipe, I want to have a beautiful round shape, as for that today I made it into a round one, but the problem is I didn’t consider the width of baking pan. So I roll out & had the diameter that equal to its width, so when it proofing bread didn’t have enough space get larger & end up with imperfect round shape.
Learn from my mistake guys; do measure the width of your pan then at least leave 1 inch gap from all four sides if you making a round focaccia. Or you can easily bake them on a larger round pan which concur the beautiful shape. Another option is bake it to get your pan side which I do all the time.
The Focaccia Farcita is one of favorite Bread Recipe that my family loves & we often have it in dinner. The bread perfectly baked with light crispy edge with soft inside & the filling well awarded combination. So satisfying when cutting into slices, do surprise your loved ones when their next visit with freshly baked Focaccia Farcita.
I hope you will enjoy this Bread Recipe, do share with us that experience with us we love to hear your thoughts. See you back with another delicious recipe like this guys, Bye