Hi guys, as usual today’s I’m back with yet another simple & delicious Sweet Pancake Recipe; it is Japanese Dorayaki pancake aka Dora Cake. Especially kids will love these for sure, because Dora Cakes are soft & fluffy pancakes that sandwiched together with chocolate spread over it. Traditionally Dorayaki pancake had sweet red bean paste, however nowadays there are many varieties of fillings are popular all over the world not only in Japan. Super easy to make unlike souffle pancakes this recipe is fool proof, anyone can prepare them easily.
Nutella or any other chocolate spread is ideal for Dora Cake. As for you I’m with a homemade nutella recipe using peanuts. Definitely try out healthy version of chocolate spread with your family. This Pancake Recipe with homemade peanut chocolate spread is the best out of the world.
Dorayaki pancake originate in popular Japanese manga series called “Doraemon”. Doraemon is a robotic cat whom time travels & he is pretty tempt to eat Dorayaki (sandwiched Japanese pancakes) just like Garfield fond of lasagnas. That’s the background story of Dora cakes, so that being said let’s make them in easy way.
Note: If you don’t have butter milk use 160ml of full fat milk with ½ tsp of vinegar or lemon juice. Or you can replace milk & use 160ml of water in that place and of course taste will be different than usual.
5. In medium flame place the pan & wipe the pan with a damp paper towel to have nice control over the heat.
6. Then pour out the batter on hot pan, use a measuring cup if you want to have exact same sized pancakes, put in here I’m just eyeballing it.
7. Cover the pancake with a lid to cook for anywhere between 2 – 4 minutes until bubbles form on the top.
8. Flip the pancake check whether pancake turn into golden brown color & turn over.
9. Cook for 1 minutes, there is no need to cover for now.
10. Then remove the pancake from the pan. Repeat the process to cook all pancakes just like this.
Note: you can use whatever filling for sandwiching. Like jam, cream, red bean paste or even without filling you can have it your own.
5. Blend about 5 minutes to get smooth paste & scrape the jar once in a while till it happens.
6. Then add the oil about 2tbsp at first & again blend it. Once it become very thick puree; add vanilla, salt. Sugar & cocoa powder.
7. Blend for another 1 minute. Your chocolate spread is ready to go, do a taste test add sugar if you feel so. Put more oil if it’s not for your preference.
8. Store this in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
If you do have chocolate on hand make even tastier chocolate spread like this. For that you will need;
As above mentioned roast the nuts, loose the skin & blend it to form a paste.
Japanese Dorayaki Pancake Recipe is one of my favorite due to its deliciousness & easy to make. As you can see we can make with everyday pantry staples, if you expect kids as your guests try to make these Dora Cakes; they will definitely enjoy them. Texture wise Pancake Recipe is soft & fluffy with touch of sweetness, so even without sandwiching pancakes with additional spread you can have them. Homemade peanut nutella recipe beats all of other filling options once you taste it. Plus it is healthy because we didn’t use any artificial ingredients for making the chocolate spread. I hope you will enjoy both of recipes together, it’s truly fabulous. See you soon with another recipe guys, bye!