Hello there, so today I’m with a different style of food recipe, the Aloo Paratha. It is a popular breakfast recipe in India especially in Punjab. The best part of making paratha is that you can pack them in the lunch box because even after some hours, the Aloo paratha tastes delicious. Today’s recipe is very quickly version of original one to prepare in a blink of an eye. Also it special, instead of whole wheat flour (Atta flour) I’m using all-purpose flour, so that with few ingredients that you already have in the kitchen, you can make this. Everyone love to try different flavors right, even though you are making paratha from Atta, give it a try this recipe also. I’m pretty sure it will worth it. So dear friends let’s how it is going to be?
In here it’s recommended to make the stuffing first & then move on to the dough making. You can even use any vegetable for this stuffing like cooked and mashed peas, carrot, french beans etc. also you can use canned mackerel curry for this, and it is super tasty. Go check up on the stuffing of my Fish Roti. Hence the name calls for potato I used potato curry for this & let’s see how to make it.
Important factor is to get mashed potato texture, to do that cook potato till they are softened well and fork-tender. Then mash them till it becomes light and smooth without any lumps or small pieces in it, because we don’t want to break paratha while shaping them.
As for the quick method we need to use a blender, grinder or food processor to make paratha. So be prepared to use your kitchen utensil for this.
6. Mix them to get one dough. If dough too stiff add more water or if it too tacky add some flour. As I always says different flour absorb water quantity not in the same way, so that your flour either required less water or more water. To get right consistency it is secure to use lesser amount that recipe calls instead adding all in one go.
7. After you form a one dough ball, put that on a working top & cut equal 8 pieces. Shape the dough into a cylinder & then divide into two since you got 8 parts, I guess it is the easiest way of doing this.
8. In a one dough piece, pinch all the sides to the bottom & press against the working top to have perfect smooth round shape. After making all the balls let them rest for 5 min before assembling them.
9. Dust flour in your working top & the rolling pin, also get dough balls & stuffing balls.
10. Get one dough ball & using your clean two thumb fingers make a bowl shape, stretching & pressing against the edge of the flatten dough. Don’t try to flat the center of the dough bowl, just leave it as it is.
11. Then get a stuffing ball & put it in the center.
12. Cover the stuffing as much as you can, then press the stuffing inside using your thumb & get the edges of the dough together to cover the stuffing. Pinch all the edges together & secure that stuffing won’t be easily come out.
13. Upside down the ball leaving sealed side to face your palm & flatten it a bit while dough still on your hand.
14. Place the flatten dough on working top & roll it out ensuring the surface won’t get damaged, so be gentle when applying the pressure when rolling. Also remember to rotate your paratha to have round shape. Don’t ever try to lift it or turn over the paratha to do that, because it will be able to break the paratha.
15. Remove the excess flour on the both side of the paratha when you happy with the shape after rolling it out & then roast it.
16. Put a pan over medium low flame & add some butter/ ghee on it. Then carefully place the paratha on it. Wait till spots are visible on the top of the paratha & change it color to turn it over.
17. Again brush more butter after flip it over. After 1 min leaving it then turn over & over again for every 30 seconds. Remember to brush some butter every time you flip the paratha.
18. You can also press the paratha edges with a spatula or spoon, so that they are fried well. Since sometimes, the paratha edges are not cooked well. Make all paratha this way.
19. When you doing this paratha should be puff up. Roast till golden brown spots are on your paratha. Once it cook enough cover them all to become soft.
20. Serve with some extra butter on the side, along with your favorite side dish, in my case it always have to tomato sauce, so I’m going for it.
So dear friend it is nothing like a fancy one, just a simple steps that anyone can follow, having said that don’t wait any longer and try this easy recipe of Aloo Paratha and enjoy with you family. Tell me what you think, leave a comment bellow if you want more easy peasy food recipes & I’m on all ears. Till the next article, Bye Bye my dears!!!