Hi guys, for today’s recipe I’m going to share with you a Tasty Meat Bun; it’s also a version of Moroccan Meat Pie. Not only these bun has cute looks, it’s also super yummy. For me I think making these buns is a family time activity to bonding and catchup with life, you know chit chatting while working with your loved ones bring nothing but full of joy, peace and happiness. Anyway you got to try this ones, it will be a fantastic showstopper for sure. Especially in this Christmas Eve you got to make this.
As I said the dough we using here is unique one, it’s almost like flaky pastry. Since we use little bit of yeast with ingredients, this dough differentiate from flaky pastry but the technique is very similar. If you want cut much workload, you can stick to the Filo or phyllo sheets for this recipe.
So friend let’s get begin with dough making!
Instead of milk you can use water at Luke warm temperature, and the amount of water depend on the absorption of the flour. Go along with the recipe and you will know how to measure that out.
6. Stop adding water when dough ball is smooth and elastic. Dough shouldn’t stick to hands. Gather all flour into one ball and knead it for few minutes on a working top.
7. Form a nice smooth dough ball and brush it with oil well and place it inside the bowl.
8. Cover it and let it rest for 1 hour. We don’t need dough to doubled we want it to be smooth in texture to proceed further steps.
9. Meanwhile we can prepare the meat filling for Meat Bun.
In fact you can use whatever filling for this Meat Buns to be it vegetable buns or egg buns, it’s up to you. What I used for these buns is just like this.
6. Once you get a thin layer of dough sheet, brush the top with melted butter to cover whole area. Dust starch or corn flour with the use of a sifter all over the dough.
7. Fold upper and lower edges of dough towards the center. Again brush with melted butter and dust with starch all over the top of the dough.
8. Then Fold upper edge to the lower edge to form a strip.
9. On the top of dough strip again brush with melted butter and dust with starch.
10. From it one corner start to roll and stick the very edge to the dough roll by flattening it and pressing it to the roll.
11. Repeat the process for other three dough balls and get four dough rolls.
12.Cut these dough rolls into two and get dough roll pieces.
13.Press gently each dough roll to have round shape while you cutting in.
14. Now get a bowl that has depth to form round shape of the Meat Buns.
15. Brush inside the bowl with oil, place one dough roll piece in it.
16. Push the dough and spread it to reach outer round of the bowl. The more you spread it will easier to cover the bun with filling inside of it.
17. Place filling on the center of the dough sheet and gather all the sides of the dough towards the center of dough ball.
18. Pinch them all together and secure it well.
19. Upside down the bowl on the top of your palm and take the dough ball out.
20. Press it gently with your hands and form a nice round shape.
21. Put each prepared buns on a buttered baking tray. Remember to flatten the dough a little by placing in on.
22. Flatted Meat Buns then need to be brush with melted butter.
23. Bake them in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 35 to 40 minutes till they turn into golden brown.
Even the preparation take some process, its fun when you do this with family; before you will know Meat Bun will done to rock the party. That way you can thoroughly enjoyed yourselves while preparing and digging these satisfying Meat Bun. Cook these flaky buns to perfection which bring out many flavors.
There are so much appetizing food recipes in our blog; so do click on them to get to know each recipe.
If you like the recipe, do try at home and tell us how it turn out for you. See you soon with a new recipe like this. Till then, Happy Cooking!