Hi guys today I’m with another delicious food recipe, called as Sweetened Bun with Date Paste aka Date Cookie recipe. I don’t know why it call as date cookie even though it clearly resembling a bun, more than a cookie. Any way these soft fluffy buns stuffed with sweetened paste in as a flower is so delightfully rich bun. With few easy & simple steps you will end up having this truly glorious treat for you self.
Traditionally this “Cookie recipe” comes with date paste, but with a twist I’m making sweet filling for them. I will be adding both filling instructions to prepare it along with another optional filling ideas. Let’s get begin with cooking now.
4. Combine all together by using a spatula, half way through add in salt. Then move on to your clean hand & mix. Form a dough ball.
5. Dough should be soft one, then transfer the dough ball onto a lightly four dusted working top. Knead for about 10 minutes. You will be able to feel it become lighter than before & it has smooth surface when we make a ball from it.
6. Clean the mixing ball, apply some oil on it. Transfer the ball into the ball, again brush some oil on the surface of dough ball too. Cover the bowl & let it get doubled in a warm place, mine took about 45 minutes.
Method: First you need soak your dates in hot water for about 2 hour before you make it so that they soften enough to get a smooth result. Use 1 cup of hot water to cover it, if it not enough add more water in. Put the soaked date into a food processor or blender, make a smooth paste from it after processing it for few minutes. Keep stopping and scraping down the sides to have smooth paste, add more water to get the consistency you want; for this recipe you will need a thicker paste, so don’t use much water in.
If you are using store bough date paste you will need hot water 1tbsp in here to soften the rock hard date paste. Or if you using above method to make date paste you won’t have to use hot water for that. It’s doesn’t a much deal actually, if it’s too runny add more nuts in or if it’s too thick add hot water in go through the recipe you will understand the consistency I’m talking about.
You will need;
4. Take one dough ball, press the middle of ball to get nice round. Place the date ball in the middle & wrap up then pinch to seal.
5. Again press the dough ball turning it over to get round shape.
6. Make a perfect circle & make 4 cuts to look like petals.
7. Same way make all buns like this.
8. Carefully transfer them onto a baking pan. Rest for 30 minutes to proof again by covering them with kitchen towel.
9. Once it done egg wash the buns & sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
10. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 to 25 minutes till they turn into golden brown on top.
As you can see I didn’t use dates for the filling. Mine made from using crushed cookies, peanuts, cashews, peanut nutella & chopped raisin. I used;
The date Cookie recipe got a nutty, sweet texture & the bun is so soft, fluffy. Since it simple and palatable I made these once for my sister’s birthday, they all loved the taste. Be it a proper traditional treat to for religious occasions or be it a tea time snack or even as a breakfast snack, you can enjoy these rich and delicious Cookie recipe.
So guys that’s for the today’s Cookie recipe. I hope you will like this & tell me more what you want to see on next post too?