Hello my dear friends, after taking a break I come with a new recipe for Dinner Rolls to meet with you. It took long than I thought it would be, because it keeps dragged on and on. (So first of all I want to say, I’m really sorry for keep you on waiting guys.)
Today’s Dinner Rolls Recipe is quite similar to the process of making pull apart dinner rolls recipe, which I shared with you guys in earlier; but in different with assembling as you can see in the pictures. Taste also rich in both with soft texture and buttery flavor. Great thing about these Crescent Dinner Rolls is that we can make in advance, freeze and reheat them once ready to use without changing its taste. Sounds cool right, as it says the dough is easy to make with few ingredients you can have your ultimate buttery dinner rolls at home.
Did I mention that as your preference you can turn these amazing buttery dinner rolls into sweeter ones or savory ones? Let your cravings to run you, and create your customized recipe, want to know how to do so, then join with me in this recipe!
Today I’m going to share with you detailed recipe with pictures of each step, so that you won’t be confused while making your own. As always I will write down all the tips and tricks I used, so that you can have the best results without a fall for sure. Let’s jump to the recipe shall we?
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
5. Set the dough to be doubled in size on a greased bowl, covering it with a plastic wrap or damp kitchen towel in a warm place. Mine took about 50minutes, remember it’s important to be in doubled not the time its taking, so be aware of that.
6. As soon as its risen to desired size transfer to a flour dusted working board, cut into 12 pieces if you aiming for generous sizeable Dinner Rolls, like in this pictures. I cut dough pieces by flattening the dough ball to a round shape, then cut into 4 quarters and each one of sliced to 3 equal parts, so that I could get 12 Dinner Rolls. Or you can make a log and then cut into small pieces or weigh the each dough pieces to be in 60 – 70g and so that all of Dinner Rolls will be in the same size.
Note: Traditionally Crescent Dinner Rolls prepared by following the same technique as croissants, which is flattening the half of the dough ball into thin round shape (15” in diameter) and then cutting 4 quarters and slicing them into 3 of each one to get equal 12 wedges. (as if you’re cutting a pizza.) Then folding one starting from the base of triangle to top, so that form a spiral neither too tightly, nor too loosely.
7. Now that get one small dough ball flatten it on a flour sprinkled board, you don’t need to roll out it to be circle, so roll out it in one way so that you will have oval shaped dough with long in size than wide.
8. Get a sharp knife make cuts to be like strips leaving 1/3 part of dough to be free from one side.
9. Here comes the interesting part, prepare Dinner Rolls sweet or savory. Stuff anything like nutella or cheese, or try using chicken spicy filling like I did in here. And of course you can omit the stuffing step if you prefer, cuz its rich and delicious as it is without having extra.
10. Put your stuffing on the middle of 1/3 of part and fold, press lightly to be secured the filling without having chances for spilling.
11. Then start to roll the dough from that place to all the way to bottom, applying gentle pressure.
12. Carefully lift them and bend it from both sides to have arced shape. Place on a buttered baking tray facing the seams of Dinner rolls onto tray.
13. Cover these with a kitchen towel for about 20 minutes to proof again. So make sure to keep enough space, or you will be end up attached dinner rolls which happed to me.
14. Brush them with egg wash before baking. Bake these in a pre-heated over at 180°C for around 18 – 20 minutes until turns into golden brown color.
15. As soon as they out of the oven brush with melted butter, and again cover with kitchen towel to 10 min. So that they will be so soft, delicious and gorgeous.
To have these beautiful fluffy heavenly Crescents Dinner Rolls all you need an easy and quick prep. There are many other Dinner Rolls shapes too, if you made them please share with me, I love to see them.
If you want to make these in advance,
Important! However it’s better to use only cheese or nutella stuffing or plain version of Dinner Rolls if you want to make these rolls ahead of time.
Tips for achieving the best Dinner Rolls
So guys these are the all tips and tricks that I used to have these flavorful Crescents Dinner Rolls, They not absolute captivating bust also you can’t resists to have more than one, let me guaranteed cuz it is perfectionist in any kind of meal time. I hope you will make them and enjoy with loved once, so don’t forget to share them with me too. I will be back with another delicious treat guys, till then Bye!