Hello guys, today I’m back with a recipe for super easy breakfast ideal food, which is English Muffins. It is all about the texture & its structure. The big pockets of air from the fermentation of yeast create the nooks and crannies which is the iconic structure of the English Muffins inside the bread, while its texture comes with simple ingredients & the filling that you love to loads inside it. These fantastic comforting food are typically serves as slices with a sweet or savory topping. Or you can even make sandwiches with them after toasting it sliced sides. This is a quick method of making the delicious treat & I hope you guys will also try this out, better to do dears; it taste heavenly. So let’s get start making English muffins.
In many recipes calls about overnight for formation to have the beautiful nooks and crannies in your muffins, believe me guys with this you can have the perfect muffins ever at your home in very quickly. By the way I’m making dough by hand, you can make this in a stand mixture within 3 – 5 minutes.
3. When your mixture start to come together add salt & keep mixing about 1-2 minutes. Don’t use salt at the beginning of wet ingredients because it can prevent the work of the leavening agent which can interfere the rise of the dough.
4. Fast forwarding, you can use clean hand to spring the dough in your bowl about 4-5 minutes to get it together. Collect the flour in the sides of the bowl when you are doing so. Dough should be a sticky one, so aware of that & have a somewhat nice bowl.
5. Transfer it to a clean working top & knead it for about 10 minutes. Don’t use additional flour in the board because we want to have a tacky dough. The technique is not the same as my fish bun recipe & it like a massaging the dough.
6. When you feel the dough is smooth, form it dough into a nice ball. Press a finger to the dough ball & if it’s not stick to your finger even it feel little tacky dough is ready to rest, if not please massage further till it comes to this stage.
7. Grease a bowl with oil & keep the dough on it after oiling it both sides. Cover it to double in size for about 45 – 1hr. since I’m living in a warm climate it took me 45 min, if your climate is cold than mine it will take about 1-2 hours.
8. Take out the doubled dough on a flour dusted working top. Also put generous amount of cornmeal on a baking tray & set aside. Hence I didn’t have any cornmeal at the moment, I used breadcrumbs for this. For the best substitutes for cornmeal checkup the link. Please don’t do neither flour instead of cornmeal or skipping cornmeal to the recipe, because those are literary a disaster for quality English muffins, I’m telling you with my experience so trust me.
9. Divide the dough into equal pieces, the amount my recipe is ideal for 8 sizable muffins, because I think mine were large if you don’t crazy for English Muffins.
10. Pinch the bottom & press it against the board to have a nice ball. Prepare them all & flatten your muffin using your palm to place on the cornmeal dusted baking tray.
11. Let it rest for about 20 – 30 minutes, after sprinkling the top with more cornmeal. You need to cover these.
12. Even though there aren’t significant rise after 20 min it become fluffier than before. Now get ready to roast these since English Muffins are meant to be roasted.
That is it, look how easy is that. Try these & tell me how these are turn out for you. Refrigerated English Muffins will keep for about a week. It a delicate amazing food can go with anything, it is more than great toasted with butter and jam to mini pizzas to breakfast sandwiches. So go crazy & have fun! See you soon with delicious food again.